Thursday 4 May 2017

Studio Brief 04 - Reflective Practice - Speaking From Experience

Our final studio practice brief has asked us to:
Produce a graphic response/ graphic product /piece of work that makes a statement, comment, observation or gives advice about your experience on your first year of this course.
Work with any appropriate media or format and develop and identify the content will be entertaining, advisory or informative.

My Initial Ideas:

When I began to consider my experiences throughout 1st year, I thought about the journey from the start to the end of the year. I began to consider opposites such as, expectation vs reality, success vs disaster and good vs evil. My first thoughts were to create booklets to help students through freshers with what they were probably expecting to happen vs what its really like. Although I found the transition to university difficult myself, I didn't want to create something quite boring that just looks at how to make friends or something like that because I think creating something with a bit more humour could be a lot more comforting for students.

My first solid idea was to create a large poster that would be handed to students to place within their hall room, the poster would be all about good vs evil, the good student vs the bad. On one side it would be the student that is too hungover to go into uni or the student who spent all their money on alcohol. On the other side it would be the student who woke up on time with great attendance, or the student who met the deadline on time so could watch Netflix without feeling guilty. This would be visually shown through speech bubbles of a happy vs worried student in bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment