Sunday 29 October 2017

OUGD504- Studio Brief 01 Evaluation


When this brief was initially given to us before summer, I was very excited about it because the brief was incredibly open and allowed us to create a guidebook on anything we wanted to. As my idea was to create a guidebook for creative students in Manchester, it meant I was able to visit the city and take a lot of images and gather information to include within the publication. I wouldn’t be being incredibly honest if I didn’t say I was extremely disappointed when we had to swap our idea with another peer. I had spent a lot of time planning out how I wanted the publication to look and was excited to create something in my own illustrative style. I do understand that the brief swap does have its benefits and it does reflect what client work may be like in the future, however I did begin to feel incredibly uninspired and I am not completely happy with the end product. My work thrives at its best when I am incredibly excited about my project and the work I am researching, although the brief I did have to work with was interesting and it brought in lots of elements of humour, there were still parts of it that I found difficult to complete and I do think my final outcome is not something that the client truly had in mind. On the positive side of this, the peer I worked with was incredibly helpful and I did not feel lost or confused as she provided exactly what she wanted to be included within the publication. The brief in itself has been useful and has allowed me to use the print room and learn how to set up a publication in InDesign and print it out in a high quality. When it came to assembling my publication in InDesign I was confused to how it should be laid out and how the pages matched up, but luckily printing in the digital print room taught me how to go about this, this means I have it for future reference now.

No comments:

Post a Comment