Sunday 1 October 2017

OUGD504- NORTHERN QUARTER PHOTOGRAPHS

These are the primary images that I have taken in and around the Northern Quarter, Manchester. Before visiting, I had a good idea in my head of what key areas I really wanted to photograph and what shops etc that I wanted to feature within the guide book. Choosing the Northern Quarter instead of just Manchester meant that my collection of primary images for the guide book would be a lot more interesting and different compared to what people may or may of not seen of Manchester before.





Obviously I have to include images of Affleck's Palace in my guidebook, it has been opened since 1981 and is filled with unique independent shops that you wouldn't find anywhere else. It's a really iconic place and somewhere that is really famous in the North therefore to not include it wouldn't really be a true guide to the NQ.





COW vintage shop


Oxfam Origionals


Piccadilly Records, again another really famous spot in the NQ.


Night & Day Cafe/Bar.


Pop Boutique.




Fred Aldous.




















The NQ has an incredible amount of street art covering the city, most recently there have been additions after the Manchester Arena bombing to honour the 22 victims. A lot of the street art has been created for a reason, they have messages behind them so it's incredibly moving to view them in all their glory.




No comments:

Post a Comment