Monday 22 October 2018

OUGD603: Statement Of Intent

Themes, subject matter and lines of enquiry.


  • Publications
  • Branding
  • Products
  • Prints
  • Illustrations
Research methodologies.

  • Primary and Secondary
  • Books
  • Magazines
  • Websites
  • Social Media
  • Interviews
  • Visiting places (shops, studios, companies)
Practical development (media, methods, productions skills).

  • Illustrations
  • Developments on Illustrator and Photoshop
  • Collage
  • Digital print (print room at university)
  • Traditional print (mono print, screen print)
Contextual and theoretical references.

  • Books
  • Documentaries
  • Product design
  • Branding and packaging books, articles
Approaches to documentation/recording.

  • Notebook and sketchbooks where appropriate
  • Every step of brief development will be documented on my blog
  • Photograph evidence of developments
  • Screenshots of any digital developments
Reflection and evaluation.

  • Group critiques with peers
  • Feedback from tutors
  • Feedback from possible collaborations
  • Self-evaluation (write out my own set of questions)
  • Brief and module evaluations documented on blog
Project management 

  • 10 briefs
  • 3/4 briefs completed before the end of the first semester 
  • Keep a daily to-do list
  • Set myself my own deadlines for briefs
I thought I would create this for my own help and guidance if I feel that at any point within a brief I encounter a problem and I begin to struggle or know what direction to go in. I think it will be useful because it will allow me to see where I'm getting stuck if a brief comes to a holt and where to go from it. It may not be needed for every single brief but at least I know its there for some guidance if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment