Wednesday 17 October 2018

OUGD503: Project Rationale

For my collaborative brief, I have chosen to work alongside Rosie Verney, a third year photography student at Leeds Arts University. I have decided to work with Rosie because she informed me in a passing conversation that she is looking for someone to help design her business cards as it is something that is required from them in Level 6. Instantly I offered my help to Rosie as I was looking for someone to collaborate with for this brief and designing a set of business cards seems an exciting and interesting thing to do, especially with it being for someone else. For this brief, I would say I have the main role out of the two of us, however both of our opinions and ideas are just as valuable. As I am creating these business cards for Rosie, I want to ensure all of her ideas are taken into consideration as business cards should be something to reflect someones personality, therefore needing to listen to what kind of information/style/design is wanted from them. The skill that I think I bring forward for this collaboration is the ability to use Adobe software/digital software and printing skills in order to put together the design for these cards. I also think my ability of being able to work alongside someone else is really important because I have the patience to listen to others and help with any concerns they may have. We will also have joint responsibilities for this collaboration and I think communication will be the biggest one, if we don't communicate efficiently with each other then thats when the problems will arise and the work may not get completed or completed to the satisfaction of both people involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment