Monday 15 October 2018

OUGD503: Tea Logo Font





After brainstorming some ideas of how the logo font should look, I came to the conclusion to explore typewriter fonts, I decided this because it gives the packaging a handmade feel to it while still remaining elegant and luxurious. The font I have chosen is Lucinda Sans Typewriter, this font is easy to read and will be used across all the packaging for the tins, including the logo font and the names of the tea's. 


Above, you can see the different font styles of Lucinda Sans Typewriter- Regular, Oblique, Bold and Bold Oblique, I was just making sure I had selected the best one for my logo. 



Once I kind of knew what logo I was going to choose as my final one, I experimented with a few variations of layout just to ensure I was going to select the best one for the tea packaging. However, I had pretty much already decided that I was going to use the top one. Within these variations, I was ever so slightly adjusting the font, so the kerning, tracking and leading just so the font got to the most effective design.



FINAL LOGO DESIGN




Above is the final design I have chosen for the logo, I have decided on this one because I think all the points like layout, kerning and overall look of the logo work the best out of the different variations. I really like how its simple yet has a clean, elegant and luxurious look to it also. I think that its a logo that will transfer well onto the tea packaging and isn't something too overcomplicated or bold that will make it unusable for a secondary purpose.







No comments:

Post a Comment