Saturday 21 April 2018

OUGD505: Evaluation

Overall, I have really enjoyed the whole OUGD505 module, both of the briefs were fun to complete as I feel I really got to grips with creating my own intention and how I wanted both of the end designs to turn out. Studio brief 1 was really interesting in terms of both the research and production, choosing a micro genre that I was keen in listening to anyway meant the research didn’t become boring as I was able to learn more about the genre that I had only vaguely heard of before. Choosing to create two embroidery hoops, as my outcome was something quite risky as they could of gone very wrong but I am really pleased with how they turned out. Embroidery was something that I got really into during last summer so to have an opportunity to use these skills for a studio brief was really exciting, especially as it was something I had never done/completed for a brief before. Although not all of the design was completed by hand, I did use machine embroidery on some small detail in order to keep it really neat and to speed up the process. As these will be put up in the exhibition I wanted them to be presentable and something I was proud of, these are definitely that. Moreover, my final outcome for studio brief 2 is also something that I think has been really successful. I have enjoyed being able to research and produce something about an issue that I feel very passionately about which is why I feel I made the right decision to raise awareness of animal cruelty and encourage people to shop cruelty free. Like I said in my brief 2 evaluation, I would of liked to have had enough time to create a physical product, yet I don’t think I worked on my time management very well when it came to near the deadline. 

This module has been an all round success as it is not often that I am always pleased with my end product/design. It has also given me inspiration for my future projects, as I always like to create pieces with a meaning behind them or to bring alight an issue in the hope to make a small change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment