Monday 16 April 2018

OUGD505: Final Designs SB1

This is the final design that I am going to transfer onto the embroidery hoop, I really like how the birds are positioned as it looks like they are flying alongside each other and the small illustrative detail will be embroidered onto the birds. I think to make the design more effective, it might work best to create the bird shape out of felt and then add the embroidered design on top of it, this will mean the design will be more refined. In terms of colour, I think using lots of warm autumnal hues will work nicely as these colours are used a lot within the works of artists I have looked at for inspiration.

The second embroidery hoop will have this design on it, I think again the face should be made out of felt to add definition to the design so it doesn't become lost with all the smaller detail around it. I am also considering doing some sewing machine embroidery, especially for the tree branches because I want them also to be very defined and filled in with colour.


No comments:

Post a Comment