Saturday 21 April 2018

OUGD505: Final Embroidery Designs + Exhibition Presentation

Finished Embroidery Hoops






These are the final embroidery hoops, I have photographed them against a white wall in order for all of the detail to be seen, the physical item will also be handed in for the deadline. I think these are some of the strongest outcomes I have produced and I am incredibly happy with them and how they relate to my intentions in the brief. These embroidery hoops defiantly bring about narrative imagery when you look at them and they allow you to create a story in your head whilst listening to them. To save some time and in order to keep them incredibly neat, there were some more felt additions added to them and I did some further machine embroidery for the small details that were too complicated to do by hand and made the design look quite messy. However, this does not distract anything away from the indie-folk theme of the embroidery hoops.

Exhibition



These are the way I would like the hoops to be positioned once they are hung up in the exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment