Monday 3 April 2017

Final Design and Screen Printing

FINAL PRINT 



I have chosen this as my final print design, out of the other two hand illustrations I think this works best in terms of relating to the brief and showing a celebration as the hands act as a coming together of all to fight racism- thus relating to the actual event as well. The images have been split into two layers to prepare for the two colour screen prints, as of yet I am not 100% sure what colours to use for my prints I think this may be decided on the day but green would be an appropriate colour to use as it relates to ska and it is a very neutral and earthy colour.


Each layer of my design printed in black and white ready for it to be exposed on to my screen. I decided to fill in some of the hands black to see if that would give me more of an interesting print instead of just the outlined hands- as of yet I am unsure if this will work but I think it will be more effective than just the outlines of each hand.



This is my prepared screen after it had been washed using B-side and B-strip to remove the previous images from the screen in order for mine to print on. This was a long process as it took a while to remove all the previous remaining print from the screen so on the first day of screen printing I didn't get chance to actually expose my images ready for print.


After applying the emulsion and letting that dry I then exposed the image on the screen using the vacuum. So it could then be washed off to remove the stencil.


Final stencil designs after the emulsion had been washed off and removed.



No comments:

Post a Comment