Wednesday 5 April 2017

Final Screen Prints






These are all of the various prints I produced during screen printing, I decided to go with pink and green as the colours because pink is repeated within posters that have most recently been advertising these events so I thought that would be appropriate. Within figure 2 you can see that I originally used a light green colour but when I started to print it became almost neon like and was impossible to be legible, so I added a dark blue to create this blue colour because blue is known as the colour of ska which ultimately relates to the event being 'rock against racism/nazi'- it's 'blue beat'. Ultimately working better than the green colour, also looking at it from aesthetic point of view these two colours work well along side each other. I decided to print some of them on yellow paper as this is another colour that gets repeatedly used like the pink, however the yellow paper was making the paint on the screens smudge every time it was printed. Overall, even though this whole process took me 3 days and it wasn't easy and very stressful, I am really pleased with how my actual prints have turned out and I think they definitely do show a celebration of Leeds and the event.


No comments:

Post a Comment