Saturday 11 March 2017

Initial Book Cover Designs

Book Covers Without Images

I decided to firstly design the book covers without any images so I could play about with the layout, then decide what images would be suitable to include on the covers (if any). I do think it is important to include some imagery within the covers otherwise they will look very boring and dull, but not to over-do the illustrations to avoid a childlike cover. As the book is based on Adrian's diary, I wanted the covers to have paper textures to reflect this. Each cover design has a splash of red, this is an important symbol within the book (his red socks) which will become an illustration when I begin to add imagery. However, I am aware the layout of these 5 covers MAY change when I add imagery depending on the sizing of the illustrations, yet currently I am pleased with how they are currently looking and I think they will definitely appeal to the teenage audience.








This is currently standing as my favourite cover design and I am hopeful it will carry on being my favourite when have added images, yet I am open to the layout of the cover changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment