Saturday 11 March 2017

Final Book Cover Design

These are just simple modifications I have done to the final cover layout in terms of layout just to see which small change works best with how the final cover looks. If my design was shortlisted, I would get a list of modifications back to adjust to the cover design anyway.












Final Resolution


My approach to this live brief was to create a book cover design that would reach the widest audience possible; as the book is not necessarily just for children I was not limited to appealing the cover to a younger audience. Sue Townsend intended the Adrian Mole series to be loved by all ages as she carries on writing about him when he’s in his 50’s therefore designing a cover in the style I have allows it to be received by a wide audience. The crumbled effect on the book cover has been used to represent how the book is a daily journal/diary completed by Adrian, it highlights the fact his family are working class and are struggling for money.  The typography that I have used on both the front and back are varied, I have not used the same font for the whole cover because that would make the design very dull and unappealing to the teenage audience, the hand drawn style font has been used solely for the purpose to emphasise the book is a personal diary. The colour red has been a repetitive colour throughout all of my design ideas therefore it was only appropriate to carry it through to my final design outcome, red represents the symbolism of the socks that represent Adrian’s behavioral change and the change in his family life at home. That is also why I have included the red socks  as a motif on the book cover, along with others that have a significant purpose to the storyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment