Sunday 12 May 2019

OUGD603: Brief 7- Logo Development

I thought it needed something else adding to it in order for it to look less plain. I stuck with the circle shaped logo because it works with the slogan, I chose to still include the slogan as again it would have looked incredibly plain if it just had PM 1 To 1 featured. I experimented further with the typography options and tried different ones to see which would work best, the serif fonts were still preferred over sans serif due to the professional look it gave them. I continued to develop the composition and layout of the logo, working out which is the most successful. 





I originally thought that I would keep the entire logo image free and focus just on the typography, however I did think it needed something more because it did not have much life to it. This is the hand illustration I created within Illustrator, I went with a hand because I thought it went along with the theme of putting people at the heart of democracy, it conveyed a united front and a powerful stance, something which I imagine to be the case for the proposed T.V. programme.











These are further experimentations which focus more on trying different fonts to see which fits the style of the logo best, to me its clear that the sans serif fonts are not as professional looking as the serif fonts.





No comments:

Post a Comment