Monday 19 February 2018

OUGD505: SB2 Writing The Brief

Learning Outcomes


The brief must address some of these learning outcomes and they need to be made clear within blog posts and the actual brief outcomes.


Create a campaign targeting consumers of cosmetics and beauty products that encourage them to shop cruelty free brands and make choices that have a positive effect on the environment. 

Deliverables:

- Design boards and blog posts for submission

- A poster series to put up in shops such as Boots, Superdrug, Sainsbury's, Tesco etc.

- These posters could be transferred digitally onto their websites or Facebook, Snapchat or Instagram adverts as they have become increasingly popular.

Products that should be addressed to educate how to shop them cruelty free:
- Make up
- Shower gel
- Bubble bath
- Skincare (moisturiser, cleanser, face masks etc)
- Shampoo & conditioner
- Washing detergent/fabric softener (unsure if will include)
- Household products (unsure if will include)

Linking my brief to the learning outcomes:

5A7- As I intend to put my final outcome design within shops for consumers to see, the outcome/product should have the appropriate media in relation to the target audience, the outcomes need to solve the problem outlined in the brief. My 'issue' is relating to animal testing, therefore I will encourage cruelty free shopping in order to encourage awareness and hope to solve the problem.

5A8- Understanding the limitations of the production and technology commercially, as I am designing something with intention to put up in shops, there may be limitations to what I can do of having something with such a high standard of print or something sustainable.

5B5- I think my research prior to starting the design production for this brief has been incredibly thorough, therefore its important to carry on with this and ensure they relate closely to the research, otherwise it could be argued my research has been pointless but also the brief has been split into two parts- research and production.

5C6- As I am writing my own brief, its important to include my intentions and aims for the project, again ensuring its linked closely to my research.

5C7- My next step after writing the brief will be to create mock-ups and experiment with different design ideas. Again this will be something that I can only comment on once the final outcome is produced.

5D5- In terms of time management and professionalism within this brief, I think this will be something that will be reflected upon in my design boards and final evaluation as I will only be able to comment on this accurately once the module is due for submission.

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment