Monday 28 January 2019

OUGD603: Brief 1- Greetings Cards Research

To start of the research for this brief, I am looking at existing websites/shops that sell greetings cards, but more specifically the kinds of places that I think would be selling the kinds of cards I intend to create/ places I would want the cards to be sold in order to be a success.

OHH DEER






OH DEER would be a really good website to have these cards sold on as they sell a range of greetings cards for all occasions not just the standard birthdays. They're a really popular stationary company with a good online social media presence also, which will be really beneficial. I also think my work style is very similar to what is sold on this website so they would fit in really well.



PAPERCHASE


Paperchase is also another stationary company that sells a large range of greetings cards for all kinds of occasions. I do think my style of work would fit well within this company also as they have various kinds of designs for their cards.

HALLMARK


Hallmark are probably the largest greeting cards company, however after doing some research on their website they only really have the most obvious occasions like birthdays, anniversaries and new babies. I think this company is a lot more corporate compared to the others and would be the kind of cards that aren't really unique.

PAPERSMITHS



The finally company I thought to research was Papersmiths, they are also an online stationary shop with a good range of greetings cards. They are all designed by various artists like Oh Deer, which I think is a really nice way for artists and designers to get their work known.


No comments:

Post a Comment